Thursday 2 January 2014

It's a New Year, it must be time to............

Do you make resolutions each New Year?  I never have, but I often think I can improve something each year, maybe lose some weight (but that is an ongoing process of life, so no point just resolving that at New Years),  maybe a new hobby, or sport or maybe just practice the ones I know.

So here's my plan, (or wish list but I am not calling it a resolution)

  1.  to blog more than last year, (which should be easy, looking at the short list of my 2013 blogs) 
  2.  be a better golfer this year, I look forward to practicing.  
  3.  swim more, I'd like to get back to swimming 20 lengths at a time, I used to be able to do that in 30 minutes (of course that was over 20 years ago), much more practicing required!
  4. sew more, I made a few shirts and dresses this year and I enjoy it, so why don't I do it more often!
  5. paint something, like a big picture for my wall.  I used to paint animals on rocks, and I took painting courses for folk art painting, which is acrylics, and copying someone else's designs.  I am not good at drawing my own stuff, but I am hoping I can come up with a simple painting of my own.  More practice.
  6. continue with bootcamp 2X a week, walking at least 3 times a week.  Maybe do more hiking, up hills instead of just a walk.
  7. volunteer somewhere near home
  8. go kayaking, and paddle boarding 

Apparently, the common theme in my plan involves exercise &"practice", .......I better add in more napping ..........and you were wondering what retired people so with their time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.