Monday 25 March 2013

DIY drapes; find a "How to" Blog

I have made my own drapes before, but unless you do it regularly it is hard to remember the steps and the math.  There is actually way more measuring and figuring, than there is sewing, in most drapes.  I had a book to help me, but I found this blog to be much more helpful.

http://www.textile-love.com/2012/01/diy-pinch-pleat-drapes-pleating-and.html

This blog gives photos and step by step instructions that were very easy to follow.  There really is no need to buy a book for "how to" for anything, anymore.  Blogs like "Textile Love" are amazing!

Here are my finished Drapes.  It was a lot of work & a lot of fabric but I saved money and gained a great feeling of accomplishment.   Thank you to Megan for blogging "Textile Love".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.