Thursday 24 May 2012

Stop buying food made in China

I received another email today about products made in China, once again advising us all to look at labels and buy Canadian, or at the very least North American products.  I admit I don't often look at where something is made in the grocery store, I read the nutrition labels isn't that enough?

I promise myself I will start looking a little bit more, here are a few quotes from that email (I did not write this, and don't know the author so I have no proof that it is all true)

  • Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy. If it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (Product of Republic of China) - and that now includes Hong Kong, simply choose another product; or none at all
  • ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA
    OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT
    LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS
    IN THE ORIENT AND THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.
  • Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from
    China and re-packed here. 
  • Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and isFull of fecal bacteria. 
  • Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed
    By" or "imported by". 

In Our house we do not buy a lot of canned food, and never need to buy frozen fish, but I swear by cold Fx....(yes apparently I may be the only one who thinks it works, but when I feel the first signs of a cold, I take some cold fx and I don't get a cold.)

I did a google search for info on Cold FX, there are alot of experts who say there is no proof that this stuff works, and this article below, that confirms the powder inside the capsules comes from china, and is sent to canada for packaging.  Yes, there has been some contamination in that factory.......Yuck!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/01/13/health-cold-fx.html

I guess I will stop wasting my money on cold FX.  :(

Now I am also wondering where that smelly bed I just bought was made?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.