1. The beach: multi colored blue green water, so warm you do not even need to pause going into, (unless there is a wave), white sand, soft and cool on your feet.
2. The Weather: there can be a few stray clouds which are nice to cool you down, sometimes the wind is quite strong but it is never cold, 25-30C during the day, 18C is the coldest night we have had and......
|.... this is what a rainy day looks like|
3. No Beach Vendors
5. 5th Ave: Pedestrian walk, love that the street is closed to cars from 34th Calle (St.) to 1st Calle. It is a great walk in the morning when the stores are not all open and people are not out yet, at night it is crowded with people, looking for a dinner destination, a bar or shopping. This is where all those beach vendors disappeared to, now trying to entice you into their shops or restaurants.
6. Restaurants: La Cueva de Chango http://www.lacuevadelchango.com/ : favorite restaurant, not only is it just down the street but the prices are really good, and the food is always delicious! Try the Amaranth crusted Chicken stuffed with cottage cheese or the Tuna Yummm! 2nd favorite is the small local restaurants on 30th Ave, away from Tourist area, welcome to everyone, great food, cheap prices, very clean and worth the walk. The servers don't speak as much English in this area, but there is always one or two of them who know enough to help us order something good. (Yes we should learn more Spanish)
7. Safe to walk everywhere: to the grocery store (many to choose from, Sorianna's & Aki Gran Mayoreo are closest to us and have a great selection and good prices, 2nd choice and a bit farther walk is Mega and then Walmart). No car rental necessary (google why you should not rent a car in Mexico)
8. Our Condo, Arena Blanca, 10th Ave and 38 Calle (St.) walking distance to everything, The best part is the roof top deck.............
|Large enough to do my morning workout (love the sworkit App), usually a nice breeze to lay out and read a book in the afternoon, if not, there is always the pool, or a short walk to the beach....choices, choices, choices.|
9. Live Band at Bad Boys Beach Club, thursdays and Saturday, Good for some live Rock and Rock, and dancing if you like, people watching also entertaining here.
10. Getting up each morning and trying to decide which bathing suit to wear today!