Wednesday 22 February 2012

Don't you just love a sunny day!

Finally a Sunny Day!  Seeing the sun after a week of grey skies and rain, is almost like a vacation, well maybe not, but I am sure I was dreaming about going back to Mexico last night as I lay in my bed listening to the rain, again!

I woke up grumpy this morning, frustrated with a few things that are just not going my way.  I tried talking about these things for awhile, that always helps a bit.  Basically I think I am trying to make things easier for my parents, I offer to help as much as I can, but I am not feeling any accomplishment.

My frustration centers around downsizing, my parents are moving in 2 1/2 weeks, and very little has been packed or sorted.  This great idea of buying them a smaller house and renovating it before they move in, seemed like a great plan, but my parents are tired now, the reno is still not finished (but should be in a couple weeks) and now they have a house full of old stuff they have to sort through.  Making it harder is the fact that nothing can go to the dump, someone must have a use for this stuff, so they want to sell it or donate it or recycle it.....  I want to just go over there and get it done, but only they can do the sorting, did I mention they are tired........it has been 4 months of making decisions about what the new place should look like, kitchen, flooring, lighting, paint, windows.....so many decisions, we just did not realize how much it would take out of them, and how frustrating it would be for us.

So I went for a walk in the sunshine this morning, and I swear I just feel better!  I have been taking my vitamin D (when I remember), I do believe that helps too.  I am new to this vitamin thing, but everyone I know is taking vitamin D in the winter now, if you aren't you should try it, I notice a difference in my mood if I miss a day. 

I am obviously a sunshine person, my mood is just cheerier when the sun is out! I am going to take the day off from helping my parents, and enjoy the sunshine, maybe plan where I can move to for more sunshine.  

PROMISE TO MY FAMILY ( I am putting this in writing so you can use it to remind me if needed)

I promise I will downsize my home, and get rid of anything I do not use, before I am 65.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.