Saturday 17 December 2011

Ugly Christmas Sweaters

My son called last week looking for one of my old Christmas sweaters, he wanted to wear it to a party he  has been invited to.  An Ugly Sweater party!  I have heard of these, and I am sure I got rid of all my old sweaters (I may have had several of them) when I moved a few years ago.  But the one he wanted was the one with the red pom pom noses on it.....I loved that sweater, it wasn't ugly was it?  I wore in a family portrait that year (about 10 years ago?) I sent it to everyone in our Christmas Cards, it wasn't ugly was it?  I double checked my closet I did get rid of it, probably donated to the Salvation Army thrift store.  I told my son that Thirft stores were the place to look.

By coincidence I saw this on the morning news this morning, they bought their sweaters from a website, called Christmassweaters.ca.  I should have saved the sweaters, they would be collectors items. (But no I am trying not to collect stuff like my parents did)  The sweaters on that website, sell for $79.50 and they just glue stuff to a sweatshirt, anyone can do that.  Too bad I didn't think of that when my son was looking for a sweater, I miss old craft projects like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.