Monday 28 November 2011

Wheat free update

It has been 10 days of wheat free, can't say I am feeling better or even different yet.

  • I gained back the 2 lbs I lost (story of my life lately, I gain and lose 2 lbs every other week).  I still feel bloated most afternoons, so it must be more than wheat that bothers me. 
  •  I am thinking mandarin oranges, or maybe just fruit in general, or maybe my afternoon snack of nuts??  
  • A friend also warned me that rice flour causes bloating, and almost all bread, muffins and pasta sold at choices is made from rice flour......that is where I first stocked up on wheat free products, so I will avoid those this week as well.
  • my shoulder aches and pains have not changed

On the positive side, My appetite is less, I don't snack as much....so why did I gain weight? well I never used to eat handfuls of nuts in unlimited quantities, or carbs like rice and potatoes at every dinner, it is bad to tell me that I can have unlimited quantities of anything I guess!  (Oh yeah, I did find really good cookies too)

I am not giving up, I said I would try 30 days so I will, but I am going to write down everything I eat this week and see when the bloating shows up, and maybe watch my portions sizes as it would be nice to loose weight while I am doing this.

There is a good web site called   http://www.myfitnesspal.com/  it is free.  Enter the food you ate, (or are thinking of eating) it has most brands, and gives you calories, protein, sugars, carbs etc.  Also recommends the correct daily amounts for you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.