Thursday 10 November 2011

What is your earliest childhood memory?

My memory was sparked last night when I read a friends post on Facebook, she was asking about a Thomas the tank engine train table and why does it have to cost so much.   One comment posted said "You have to get it! I never had one and resent my parents to this day"   

I have to wonder how old the author of that comment was when he didn't get that gift.  I also remember  the disappointment of not being allowed to have gogo boots, although that wasn't Christmas.

Try and think back to the first good memory you have from your childhood and how old were you?  I find it sad that the disappointments stick out more than the good things.  
  • I do remember having a cat that had kittens, I was 5
  • having pet turtles that we took out to the back yard for a walk and forgot about them, I was 3 or 4?
  • my first friend was my neighbor Cindy, I was 3 or 4
  • my first trip to Disneyland, we drove for days and stayed in Motel 6's, I was 10ish?
  • Memorable christmas gifts from my childhood.........I remember Barbies, barbie fashion show stage, and a doll house my grandpa made......again I would have been 9 or 10 .....so what happened before that?
What is the earliest Christmas gift you remember?


I am just asking this because I do remember very well the year my son asked Santa for a "Cool Tools Tow Truck"  I think he was 3 or 4, he didn't like the experience of sitting on Santa's knee, so I put it off til a couple weeks before Christmas.  (lesson #1)
I knew what my son and daughter wanted for Christmas, and I had all my shopping done, or so I thought!
I did not know my son would ask Santa for a "Cool Tools Tow Truck", oh well I will just go get one.  
Of course you know where this is going, there were no "Cool Tools Tow Trucks" to be found anywhere in the lower mainland.  We tried everywhere, it was such a stressful time, worrying that my son had to believe that Santa would bring that one thing he asked for.  Luckily a friend did finally find the "Cool Tools Tow Truck"in the small town of Walla Walla Washington, we paid to have it shipped here in time for Christmas.  Big Sigh of relief!  

I think my son played with it for 2 minutes.  I wonder if he even remembers getting it?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.