Wednesday 26 October 2011

Occupy Vancouver has lost my respect.

  • I am disappointed in the 99% protesters camped out in downtown Vancouver. 
  • It started out as a good intentioned weekend (although I don't think people in Vancouver are that bad off) I will listen to other opinions, but once you make your point, you should stop now
  • Blocking intersections in a busy city makes you the 1% distrupting the 99%
To the protesters: I ask
  • What is your goal?  I keep hearing on the news that you are going to stay as long as it takes to reach your goal. 
  • Please put your goal in writing so we will all know when you reach it.  (Stop the BullShit is not a clear goal)
  • Have you heard of Craig Kielburger?  He is living proof change can be made without protest.
  • Do you know that you had the support of the community, but you are losing it quickly!
  • Do you have jobs? 
  • Are you students?
  • Were you homeless before this protest?
  • Wouldn't working or going to school get you closer to your goal?
  • Think of the money the City could be spending to help you reach your goal if they weren't wasting it on policing costs to guard your tent city!

I saw one sign that said "Put the politicians on minimum wage and watch how fast things change"That would be an interesting challenge, why not work toward something like that? I am just not clear on how  camping in a tent or disrupting traffic is going to accomplish anything?  
Please help me understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.