Wednesday 3 October 2012

Ever heard of Empire Vehicles?

I have been trying to sell my Fabulous convertible on my own for about 6 weeks now.  I wish I didn't have to sell this car, but it is only a summer car and there will no room for it in our new house next year.  So I thought I try to sell it in August/September when the weather is still sunny.
http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2010-Volkswagen-Eos-LUX-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ406704377

I  started by talking to my VW dealer to see what they would buy my car for and their opinion of the current value of my car.  Neither number was to my liking.  I really was hoping they would just buy it cause, trying to sell a car on your own is a pain in the butt!

So I did my own research of what similar cars were listed for online, and picked my price (still way lower than what I was hoping for) and posted ads on Craigslist, Kijii, Auto trader & Auto 123.

I have had a few responses but no one serious enough to come look at it.  A couple days ago I got a call from a girl named Ellen, she was just making general inquiries into the condition of my car, I assume she got my phone number by emailing me but I did not get an email from an Ellen?  The call display on my phone showed Empire Vehicles, but she didn't get to that part until I asked, "what is Empire Vehicles"?

Then the speel began.... for $41 a week we will do the advertising for you, we offer financing to the buyers, and have high demand for your vehicle right now.  It is not unusual for vehicles to sell within 2 weeks using our service, when your car sells we will reimburse the total cost of your advertising fee, because we make our money from financing end.

Now you know the old saying, if something seems too good to be true..... I asked where they advertise, and was told, the Vancouver Sun, Driving.ca, auto trader, all places I could just advertise myself, but they do it for me......hmmm I told her I would think about it and she immediately lowered the price to $33 per week, "we really have a high demand for your car right now!"........Ya right (I wanted to believe her, cause I really would like to sell my car) I told her I would call her back.

Then I googled Empire Vehicles......this site pretty much sums up what I found. http://empire-vehicle-solutions-scam.com/

Yes it is too good to be true!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.