Friday 12 October 2012

Everlasting Friends

I saw this posted on facebook the other day and I totally agree..........

 It's been said that everlasting friends go long periods of time without speaking and never question their friendship.  These friends pick up phones like they just spoke yesterday, regardless how long it has been or how far away they live, and they don't hold grudges.  They understand that life is busy and you will always love them.

I believe I have many friends that fit this description.  I had lunch with a couple of them this week, it had been months since we had seen each others faces, chatted on the phone or even texted, but seeing them just made me so happy.  Not just the hugs, and catching up with each others lives, but the wonderful feeling that we can be such good friends even if we do not see each other every week.

I often worry that if I have not seen someone for months or years, that maybe I have lost that friend, but I now believe that true friends are forever.

I have 3 friends that I grew up with, graduated high school together (apparently 35 years ago), we have done our best to stay in touch.  At first it was 4 times a year on each others Birthdays, then it went down to twice a year, and now it is one weekend a year that all 4 of us get together all at once.  ( I do see and talk to them individually throughout the year as well) We recently did our girls weekend combined with our High School Reunion, we talked so much I had a scratchy throat for a week!  It was a fabulous and memorable weekend as always. (sorry can't share all the memorable part)

The High School reunion always gets me as well, we have been to 4 or 5 of them now, and all those old friends, some I have known since Elementary school, some I met in High school.....they are still my good friends. Well, as good of friends as you can be when you only see each other every 5 years, but that feeling of everlasting friendship is there.(for me anyway, I am not going to worry about what they think) It is always great to catch up with people you liked when you were younger and still like now!  There must be some great lesson in there about picking good friends, they last forever!

Anyway friends old and new, you all make me very happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.