Monday 19 March 2012

Tolling & Tranlink update

The other thing that I missed telling you, is that I sent my blog to Mayor Diane Watts of Surrey.  She actually sent a response, (well it could be from someone in her office but I choose to believe it was from her personally)and if you have been following the local news, she is on board to spread tolls evenly for all.  Of course, not everyone likes this, but obviously there are others who share my opinion, as I doubt she is just doing it for me?  (I'd like to think I have that kind of power, but I know that might be a dream, but sometimes it has to start with one person...so I'll keep dreaming)



Good morning Carolyn,

Thank you for your email, which I received on February 25 regarding your suggestions about tolling on major entrances and exits to Vancouver.  I appreciate that you have taken the time to outline the points in your blog entry as they relate to the current discussions that are taking place between TransLink, the Provincial Government and the affected municipalities in the Metro Vancouver region.  In the complexity of these discussions, I will be keeping your insight in mind as Surrey City Council and myself continue to lobby for decisions that are in the best interests of the residents of Surrey.  In the meantime, I encourage you to keep in contact with your local MLA and TransLink to have them consider the suggestions you have outlined.

Sincerely,

MAYOR DIANNE WATTS
14245 - 56 Ave, Surrey, BC, Canada V3X 3A2
T 604.591.4126 | F 604.604.591.5175 | 
www.surrey.ca

Please consider the environment before printing this email

Follow me on:

     



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.